As I mentioned in my previous blog HERE , I have a bit of a foundation obsession right now. Some of these I’ve loved for awhile and others are a newer discovery for me.
All of these foundations, in my opinion, provide an almost undetectable “your skin but better” effect. They all have a natural radiant finish and range from medium to full coverage. Any of these options would be great for everyday wear—they are all super lightweight and comfortable formulas.
***If you have normal/dry/combo skin—this is the list for you!
All product links are included below!
I’ll just hit the main points for each—if y’all would like a more thorough review, I’ll be happy to post!
Here’s my picks (In no particular order):
I CANNOT say enough good things about this foundation. Here’s a few specks for it:
- Comes as 0.35oz/10gm stick for $32 USD
- 20 shades available in the range with SPF 25
- I find that the stick packaging is very sleek and compact (great for travel). It also has a magnetic closure to make sure product seals & doesn’t dry out
- Blends effortlessly –I recommend using a brush for the most coverage
Y’all this foundation is gorgeous. It is the most weightless, comfortable formula and makes the skin look naturally hydrated and supple. It has more of a natural/radiant finish and builds up to a full medium coverage. It doesn’t emphasize my lines/wrinkles or build up on textured areas. As you apply this foundation, it has a gel-like cooling effect that almost feels like a skincare product. I didn’t expect this at all, but I think this one secured a spot into my top 5 all-time favorite foundations. Beautiful, beautiful stuff and I highly recommend for normal or dry skin! A++
**Check this foundation out HERE
- Has SPF 18
- Claims to achieve a naturally luminous and radiant finish (I agree)
- Comes in glass bottle (no pump) with 1oz of product
- Very affordable —(less than $6 USD) and available at a variety of retailers (Walgreens, Target, Amazon, Walmart, etc.)
- I find it to be a very comfortable and lightweight formula
I have no idea where I’ve been these last few years, but I am just now trying this foundation and it is absolutely stunning. It definitely lives up to the claim of providing a super SMOOTH finish—it glides over the texture I have and doesn’t emphasize any dry patches or fine lines. The skin looks hydrated and perfected with no cakey or mask-like look. I think it looks great applied with a foundation or damp sponge and blends seamlessly. I usually do set it under my eyes and lightly all over my face with a light-weight powder to extend the wear time. Really, really love this one!!
IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC + Illumination Cream
- Full coverage with SPF 50
- Provides a radiant finish
- Comes in a 1oz tube with a pump (I LOVE the packaging)
- Also comes in the Original CC cream (more of a natural finish) and Matte formula (I have not tried this one)
This line claims to be a CC cream (it does color correct), but performs more like a full coverage foundation. I’ve loved and used the Original CC Cream for a while –highly recommend that one too! I was super curious when they expanded the product line for a while, so I had to break down and pick up the illumination one. I love this stuff for so many reasons! One of the best features about it is that it literally has it all in one step—it can serve as your primer, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Its just so easy and low-maintenance! This is the only foundation/CC cream that I apply with my fingers and it sets up beautifully. I can’t say this foundation will take you from early morning to night without a little fade, but it touches up great and can be refreshed with a hydrating spray or touch of powder. This one is just SO good!
Face atelier Ultra Foundation
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my latest foundation love from Face atelier. I won’t rave too much about it–I did a full 2-day wear test HERE . This gem just blew me away. It truly has a skin-like finish and looks like a radiant dream. I love the dewy finish, but I would use a little setting powder in the T-zone for longevity in wear . I think it would look great on aging skin and doesn’t emphasize any uneven or textured areas. Try this one out, y’all!
Swatches Below: Some shades match better than others 😂😂
Swatches from Left to Right: bare Minerals Stick (Cashew); IT Cosmetics +Illumination (Medium Tan); Maybelline Dewy +Smooth (210 Sandy Beige); Face atelier (Shade 5)
So that’s my “foundation that doesn’t look like foundation” roundup. I’m super curious if anyone has tried these or is planning to? Also, let me know if you have any other must-have foundations!
Have a great weekend!!
- bareMinerals foundation stick: bareMinerals.com
- Maybelline smooth + dewy: at Amazon
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream +Illumination: at Sephora
- Face atelier Ultra Pro Foundation: at Amazon
FTC: This post is not sponsored. Opinions are honest and my own–I will never link a product that I don’t love, recommend, or use myself.
*Some links are affiliate