Here with another Skincare review. It’s funny how my content has shifted from primarily makeup to skincare-focused. Makeup will always have my heart and I’ll always continue to chat about makeup that makes me happy, but as I approach 30, skincare seems like more of a priority.
Which leads me to this (quite juicy) gem……..
I picked this up on Nordstrom’s website (it is a Nordstrom exclusive for some reason) completely on a whim–No outside recommendations, no Instagram, no YouTube reviews, just me, believe it or not! Something about the combination of words “Glow”, “Juice”, “Vitamin”, “Nectar” just drew me in & had me super curious (and thirsty?).
I read the description to find that this serum is juice-based and contains 480,000 nutrient-based “microbubbles” to give the skin an energized healthy look.
Image from Nordstrom.com
- Inspiration for the product came from cold-pressed juice.
- Microbubbles have coconut oil, vitamins C and E and beta-carotene blend with the watery base of fruit extracts and minerals.
- Skin is “energized” with 24-hour hydration and antioxidant protection.
- Retails for $28.00 for 15mL bottle.
- *Direction Discrepancy:
- The Fresh Beauty Website claims it can be used AM & PM,
- Nordstrom.com‘s directions say AM or PM
- I have used this for 3 weeks now, and I’ve been absolutely LOVING this!
- I was a little hesitant because it does contain coconut oil, but I haven’t had any new breakouts or excessive oil production.
- It smells exactly like orange juice — SO YUMMY!!
- I frequently use this twice daily in the AM/PM, but I always apply in the evening.
- It didn’t cause any irritation for me at all, such as stinging/burning.
- It absolutely gives my skin an instant “glow” and look of vibrance, which I really love!
- It doesn’t completely dry down and does have some degree of tackiness to it. However, it does not feel heavy, greasy, or oily once applied — the formula is very forgiving!
- No issue layering with other moisturizers or makeup– I didn’t notice any piling up!
**A Potential Con/FYI of this Product: I purchased this 3 weeks ago, and after mostly using it twice daily, I am already out! Admittedly, this could very well be my fault for being a little bit too heavy-handed with it. It does feel more like a nourishing moisturizer rather than a “harsh” treatment such as a retinol, acid, etc., so it is definitely more easy to get carried away.
Overall, I really LOVE this serum!! I almost used it more as a liquid-based moisturizer rather than its (assumed?) intended usage to use a little bit more sparingly.
It really gives the skin such a gorgeous, luminosity that doesn’t look greasy. Because of the unique formulation of this product, I really think all skin types could benefit from the skin-loving vitamins it has. I will be re-purchasing it, and I am fully addicted to the GLOW it gives!
Do y’all have any new(ish) skincare favorites?? Please comment + share below!!
Thanks so much for reading!
FTC: This post is NOT sponsored and all thoughts and opinions are my own. Some links are affiliate. Thanks so much!