Hello Again, Friends!
I have a pretty fun review today about a trial skincare kit from Farmacy Beauty!
Farmacy is a pretty buzzed about brand, and for the longest time I hadn’t tried any of their products. I really didn’t know where to begin experimenting product-wise, but fortunately in today’s beauty market– there’s a kit for that. So, I picked up the The Mighties Kit to try out a random assortment of things and go from there!
Photo Source: http://www.farmacybeauty.com
Some Background FYI on Farmacy if you’re Curious……
They are centered around an ingredient discovery they named Echinacea GreenEnvy™, found Upstate New York. The brand also claims to derive all products from locally sourced, natural ingredients that are environmentally responsible.
Green Clean Makeup Melting Balm — $34.00 Full Size/3.2oz
- The texture effortlessly glides on the skin to “melt” makeup away, and it does leave the skin feeling smooth and soft. It also seems to have a soothing effect to my skin (I’m not sure that is an official claim).
- It has a slight medicinal smell — almost like herbs or menthol maybe? It isn’t overpowering or irritating but I would be prepared it does have somewhat of a scent to it, as well as a green shade to the balm.
- I Really, really love this! I don’t know if I can say I love it as much as my DE Slaai Cleanser (or if it is just my pride) but this is a win for me, and I would absolutely repurchase it.
- Final Verdict: Essential! ✅
Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer — $45.00 Full Size/50mL
- Description of product on Sephora.com “A lightweight yet intensely hydrating gel-cream moisturizer formulated with antioxidant-rich honey, hyaluronic acid, and golden cupuaçu butter beads.”
- On paper, this moisturizer sounds amazing. It sounds innovative and should be my favorite new moisturizer, but unfortunately it was just “meh” for me. It wasn’t the worst thing in the world, but it wasn’t great.
- For the $45.00 price tag, there are definitely other moisturizers around that range that I’m more enthusiastic about. I just don’t find this one very revolutionary.
- I’d also like to point out the brand’s description of the product as a “Gel-cream”. It is important to emphasize the GEL in there— It is a very water-based formula.
- If you have very dry skin, I don’t know that this would be enough hydration. Sometimes it almost goes on me like a serum rather than a traditional moisturizer.
- Final Verdict: NOT Essential.❌
Sleep Tight Firming Night Balm — Full Size $48.00/50mL
- Claim: “A renewing, lightweight balm that helps moisturize, supports firming and toning, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep.”
- Here’s the product that I’m having the most trouble with coming up with a final “verdict” on, just because I can’t attest to each claim. Also, I am curious to know if there’s a product I can get similar results without the nearly $50 price-tag??
- I picked this set up at the end of June, so I’ve had it over a month now. I don’t feel like I can say it has helped with “reducing fine lines and wrinkles”. That wouldn’t seem fair or honest. (Also, I get Botox –certain lines I had literally couldn’t be treated with skincare)
- I will say, this balm is incredibly moisturizing! You don’t need another moisturizer if you use this stuff at night. It feels SO nourishing and soothing on the skin, and you do wake up the next day with skin that looks plumped, firmer, and smooth to the touch.
- Also, it doesn’t take much of this stuff to get the job done. I made the mistake of loving the results and wanting to cake it on the next night, but that isn’t necessary. A small amount goes a very long way.
- I also love to put it on and use my jade roller to smooth it out and imagine I am rolling all my
problemswrinkles away. So relaxing!
- Final Verdict: Probably(??) an Essential!
Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask — Full Size $56.00/4.1oz
- Description: “An intensely hydrating, warming honey face mask infused with antioxidants for a glowing complexion and skin that’s plump with hydration.”
- It took some time for me and this mask to become friends, and I will definitely say that this mask has a warming, albeit, burning effect to the skin; but I have seen such a nice effect in my complexion as far as improvement in dullness and a look of hydration & glow. I have tried many masks in my time, but something about this one is unique
- I feel like I notice the hydration benefits of this mask hours, if not the next day after using it— I would say it is important to be diligent with your other moisturizers as you use this mask.
- If you have very sensitive skin, I would stay away from this one.
- Verdict: Essential! ✅
Review of the Kit Overall:
The purpose of this post was to share my thoughts on each individual product in the kit. If you are like me and are new to Farmacy, I highly recommend you check out this kit; I think It is a great way to get a sampling of what the brand has to offer in terms of product varieties/textures to address different types.
Have y’all tried anything from Farmacy? Comment below and share your thoughts!!
Thank you for reading!
FTC: This review is not sponsored and all thoughts and opinions are honest and my own. Products mentioned were purchased by myself and no affiliate links were used.